Sunday, June 24, 2007

This is it. I'm going to E3. Two weeks from now I will be in video game heaven. Another week after that and I can die happy. I don't plan on it, but if it happens, I'll be happy.

Despite what it may seem to be, I probably won't be playing games all the time. In fact, I probably won't be playing games much at all. Mostly I will be running like mad from one place to the next trying to get introduced to everyone there. That means I have a 3,000-person list to check off in four days. On top of that, I have to attend press conferences, and go to special appointments with various game publishers and developers. And, of course, I have to report on the show floor. Basically, I'll me on my feet all day, and when I get back to our hotel every night, me and my coworker are going to write for hours about what we saw and heard.

This will be a ton of work, but lots of fun. Even so, there are only two of us going. Big news groups will be sending teams of up to 25 people! And we have almost as much work to do as them! Good luck to us.

No comments: