Monday, August 27, 2007

Another three weeks gone by. I really need to keep up with this more. I didn't take many photos for this blog. I've been really busy, so I kept forgetting. I promise I will take more for the next blog.

The only photo this week is of Joseph H. Joseph came from Philadelphia to serve at the MCCP for the two and a half weeks before the International Young People's Conference in Chicago. In the photo he is demonstrating the symptoms of a cold. Apparantly something had been going around and he and I both caught it. I had to take three days off work, but he only took one day off. Joseph just left for Chicago on Wednsday at midnight. Hopefully he will be back to help out again sometime.

In the news this week, I have been told I need to go to the Thanksgiving Blending Conference 2007 in Boston, so I'm looking into arrangements for that. This means I will not be able to come home for my family's Thanksgiving celebration, but I think it will be worth it. If everything goes according to plan, I will be at home the following week for a visit.

I heard from Jackson Java employee Rashaad H. that a new location has been opened in Terry, MS, so if anyone is nearby, please visit them and support the cause. Help stamp out bad coffee!

Joel and Susanna D., friends of mine in Jackson, have had their first baby, a boy, and have started a blog to keep everyone updated on him. His name is Luke Daniel, and his blog can be found here.

Ian S., also of Jackson, and I have been conspiring to launch some personal web sites for a long time now. We were intending to do it on our own server, but that was a bit complicated, and I never had the chance to set everything up, so for a while it kind of fell through. Besides, it was too cost-ineffective to obtain a static IP address, and Ian and I were tired of dealing with No-Ip. It's not that the service was bad, it's just it wasn't really as seamless as we wanted it to be. Instead, we plan to use Host Monster, and we will hopefully have an account going by the end of next month.

Building 8 has taken a back-burner position because of the urgency at building 1. The third floor of building 1 has to be completely renovated for a company to lease the space. The original deadline was to be ready to move in by tomorrow, but that was after receiving approval on the renovations from the city on June 7th. No contractor on earth would agree to have the renovations done in that amount of time, so LSM agreed to take the project on themselves and simply do their best. Unfortunately, we only had time to complete the project if EVERYTHING went smoothly, which it didn't. The final inspection and move-in have been postponed one week. We are really close to being done, however, so it looks like we have a good chance of getting back to working on building 8 sometime next week.

2 comments:

Jon Casto said...

Hi Mark!

That's interesting to hear about Bldg. 1, I had to go get a saw from there and also was like "What, be done in a month!"

That's neat that you will be going to the Conference in Boston! I wanted to attend this last YP conference in Chicago but I was in school (WSU starts really early)

I saw your 42 towel link and thus wasted a good deal of time looking at all the cool catapult toys and such. This reminded me of your shirt: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/907a/

Well, keep enjoying the Lord down at Bldg. 8 with the brothers. I cant wait to go dwon again next summer.

-Jon

SockNinja said...

Ha, I thought about getting that, too, but I don't have the technical aptitude required to turn that into something really cool. Also, I have no money.